Post a comment on the text below

2. Graphical illustration of the water abstraction by source and sector at the European, regional and country level

Previous comments

• molleing (Ingelise Møller Balling) 28 Jan 2022 11:46:26

For Figure 2, where baseline years are used. Have you though about using 10-year averages in stead. It will give more representative values for agriculture, which can fluctuate greatly depending on whether the weather conditions are wet or dry for the chosen years.

• zalllnih (Nihat Zal) 08 Feb 2022 13:57:21

The point has been taken. However, the calculation method should be the same across all sectors. Otherwise, that would have methodological implication on the outcomes of the indicator. On the other hand, European dataset holds large gaps in time series which would create another uncertainity in performing the use of average value as baseline. 

For Figure 2, where baseline years are used. Have you though about using 10-year averages in stead. It will give more representative values for agriculture, which can fluctuate greatly depending on whether the weather conditions are wet or dry for the chosen years.

• marquman (Manuel Marquis) 31 Jan 2022 21:07:01

I agree with the previous comment (10 years averages)

• marquman (Manuel Marquis) 31 Jan 2022 21:31:04

I have rapidly compared the France figures to my databases. The orders of magnitude are good, but I can't unterstand why I don't get exactly the same results and trends in my Eurostat tables, based on same breakdowns.

There are significant discrepancies unfortunately I lack the time for a more in-depth comparison.
    I would be interested in receiving the detailed data used for France and how it was obtained. I will try to retrieve it from the elements provided

• zalllnih (Nihat Zal) 08 Feb 2022 14:00:35

Dear Manuel, can you please specify in which dataset you identified the inconsistency for France? Because we use compiled dataset from [env_wat_abs] and WISE SoE. We also performed data gap filling where we have gap on any variable. Either we can omit those data you did not reported to Eurostat or WISE, or you may provide your data to be integrated into the database. Please let us know the next step for French data.

I have rapidly compared the France figures to my databases. The orders of magnitude are good, but I can't unterstand why I don't get exactly the same results and trends in my Eurostat tables, based on same breakdowns.

There are significant discrepancies unfortunately I lack the time for a more in-depth comparison.
      I would be interested in receiving the detailed data used for France and how it was obtained. I will try to retrieve it from the elements provided

You cannot post comments to this consultation because you are not authenticated. Please log in.