Post a comment on the text below

3.5 Environmental elements of European Commission R+D funding for AMR

The EU One Health Action Plan, launched in 2017, aims at making the EU a best practice region on AMR[5]. It commits to closing knowledge gaps on AMR in the environment and on preventing transmission. In an international collaboration, the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR) supports One Health research.

The EU Horizon 2020 work programme for 2018-20 commits nearly 200mEuro to AMR, and there are industry and joint industry-government initiatives to address AMR. Via ERA-Net co-funding the Commission supports 7 research projects studying environmental aspects of AMR including:

• the dynamics of AMR in the urban water cycle;
  • the processing of waste water and sludge;
  • the study of environmental sources of resistant clones;
  • the transmission of resistance affected by ecological variables including environmental, food and wastewater contamination.

Previous comments

• Dominique Monnet (invited by Caroline Whalley) 26 Mar 2019 14:15:07

The correct name of the action plan is "European One Health Action Plan against AMR" (not "EU One Health Action Plan").

Bullet points: I would write "resistant bacterial clones" or even "bacterial clones with AMR".

• Thomas Berendonk (invited by Caroline Whalley) 08 Apr 2019 17:07:47

I am not really aware of the last two projects ... could you send me a link of those ... somehow this ready wrong to me ...

You cannot post comments to this consultation because you are not authenticated. Please log in.